[vox] Linux/Unix Summer Work?

Don Werve donw at agentsix.net
Tue Mar 13 12:27:50 PDT 2007

You know, I should probably post to the LUGOD mailing list more
often, but I doubt that everyone here wants to listen to my trials
and tribulations with Mathematics and Japanese. *grin*

Anyway, I'm going to be spending next year studying in Japan,
partially as preparation for my applications for doctoral studies in
computer science, and before I go, I'd like to find some summer
contracting and/or intern work as a back-end programmer or systems
administrator.  Frederick P. Brooks would classify me as a 'tool
maker', and so most of my work has been with C, Perl, and now Ruby
(because of its Perl-like nature).

So, does anyone know of any good resources for finding summer work
where I can apply my experience, skills, and general tenacity? *grin*