[vox] Fwd: Relocating to Davis....

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 13 11:21:38 PDT 2007

Matt wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> I'm a *nix-head whose about to relocate to Davis.
> Fortunately I get to keep to my [developer] job in
> Florida and will be working remotely.  However if
> someone could help orient me now, before I decide
> where to live, I'd appreciate it.

Pre-welcome!

> I have some various questions not only about net
> access, but also where to live.  Among other things, I
> want to be able to work on my Mustangs without being
> hassled by an apt. manager (they're bad about that in
> FL).

I can't answer about working on cars, but I really enjoyed the
townhouse my wife and I lived in at Casitas.  It's a bit far
from downtown, but walking distance to two grocery stores
(though if/when we return to Davis, we'd probably go to the Co-Op
more than the major supermarkets, so close to downtown would probably
be the most convenient for _us_).

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/