[vox] DSL Recommendation?

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Mon Jun 18 16:20:11 PDT 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> One thing that would be really nice: we currently have a static IP address
> (because we signed up back when they were giving them away like candy), and
> we would love it if we could have one with a new provider as well.

Personally Id use Sonic.net
You would still end up with a PacBell line but with access to better
servers, and someone else to act as a go-between between you and AT&T

You might even be able to keep the same IPs altho thats just a guess

Im having some concerns also. I would like to switch to Sonic but I have a
very VERY old PacBell connection. A nice little /29 block of IPs with full
DNS and full reverse DNS control. Ive been grandfathered thru their many
changes and Im not even sure if they remember that they did it.

Gandalf  Parker