[vox] Finally tried Xgl &cetera

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Jan 3 12:05:49 PST 2007

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> So I tried Xgl, compiz, beryl and emerald for the first time last night.
> (I'm running the latest Kubuntu on a 32-bit Athlon w/ an Nvidia card.)
>
> I must say... it's quite fun.

+1  Very cool stuff.  I recently started playing with Beryl recently
too, and have been having lots of fun with it.  Rotating the cube,
making the cube transparent, making a window wrap around the edge of the
cube between 2 desktops, having the app windows stack in front of each
other in 3D - all very cool stuff.  Makes me less jealous of all my
friends with Macs.  :-)

I think my favorite feature, though, is using the pause/break button to
access the "scale" feature, which lays out all your windows in miniature
across your desktop and lets you choose one to maximize via either the
keyboard or mouse.  It's a really nice way to do application switching.

DR