[vox] Hello

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Sat Feb 24 11:50:45 PST 2007

Not sure if intros are appropriate but I told some people Id let them know
when I got in. I will try to be brief...
Gandalf Parker (yes I will show my ID if I get to a meeting).
Vacaville, CA
retired USAF

Been using Linux since its birth, using Unix before that, was on the
internet before it was called internet.

Was part of the birth and death of community.net (dont hit me)

Presently running 2 servers. Debian stable and unstable. Web, email, most
services, and an ancient MUD.

Also my present love/hate is a game called Dominions 3. Its a non-free
linux, windows, mac game. Unimpressive graphics/sound but VERY deep
strategy. Mythological/Fantasy armies. And it has pages of command-line
switches which screams for being linux hosted with email and web
interfacing.

Banging my head on ImageMagick and YaBasic, mostly for interfacing web/cgi
with the above game. Other places Im involved at that you might know:
Meetup.com, CafePress.com, ShrapnelGames.com, Sonic.net (I wont list my
own many domains here)

Im not sure if I can get to the meetings. Im the daycare providor for my
handicapped son. Im afraid that he sets my schedule and I often cannot
RSVP since I cant be sure if I can come until the last minute.

I will accept emails at the address mentioned on this post (and a couple
dozen other domains I have  :) if anyone wants more info on any of it
without cluttering this list. (rats, not so short was it?)

Gandalf  Parker
--
I used them, they used me, now I am my ISP.
With a knick-knack paddy-whack debian linux clone