[vox] Streaming flash videos yourself (no YouTube or Google Video needed)

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Tue Feb 13 18:16:38 PST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Dave Margolis wrote:
> I agree the lack for Flash player for PPC Linux (for example) is
> bothersome.

gnash plays quite a few things, so may suffice for non-video work.

> And it is a problem for me personally, as my favorite Linux box is
> an old G3 iMac running Kubuntu. But the codec game is just painful.
> I have to run some videos in VLC, others in mplayer, the vlc browser
> plugin almost never works for embedded video...and so on.

Videodownloader (a firefox plugin) and a few other tools make ripping
the video out of the flash containers fairly trivial.

Don Armstrong

--
"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
whether submarines can swim."