[vox] January 1st social?

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Tue Dec 18 09:30:56 PST 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Our first gathering in January is a social, scheduled for Tuesday Jan. 1st.
> Will Crepeville be open, and will people even want to get together?
>
> If not, we can list that event as 'canceled', and skip it.  Our following
> meeting would be Monday, Jan. 21st (a general meeting, and also our 9th
> birthday, so we'll plan to have refreshments like pizza, drinks, cake, and
> other snacks, and perhaps some door prizes!)
>
> What do you all think?

Well I rarely pass up a chance to say what I think online (Im married). :)

I came to one (thought it was a meeting) and it was difficult to call it
a social. I kindof wandered arouind looking for a room or a group. Finally
I asked everyone with a laptop. We pushed a few of us onto table and tried
to talk over the noise of the place. IMHO I feel no need to drive up to a
social just so we can all eat at one place. Just my thouight on it.

Maybe I can try to make the meeting. But Im very sporadic. Im a care iver
for my handicapped son and Im afraid that all of my RSVP's end up being
"maybe" until the last minute.

Gandalf  Parker
--
I used them, they used me