[vox] Improving Programming Skills

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Thu Aug 30 13:12:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> Gandalf Parker wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>>
>> It sounds like you might be looking for PHP + XXXXXX?
>>
>> If so, then what comes to my mind are things like SQL, XML, Graphics (down
>> to things like the guts of formats and how to manipulate them).
>
> Well, certainly PHP + Linux Administration would be something to consider.
> And definitely XML, since that's an area we'll be moving into as well.
> Thanks for the tip.

Ahhh good. There actually is a keyword getting alot of use. Google for
LAMP which alternately is defined as Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP. Or as
Linux, Apache, Mysql, PERL. There are books by people like O'Reilly which
group those together due to the extreme power available if they all best
use the abilities of the other. Its also becoming a hot resume buzzword.

I also meant to mention
A) Charts and Graphs (ghostscript, gnuplot, GIMP)
B) Presentations (Open Office, Flash)

Gandalf  Parker