[vox] RE: [vox-announce] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Thu Apr 19 11:04:00 PDT 2007

I have found a new knoppix ver in torrent that I am trying to d/l.  5.2.  N=
ice look and the best part, I see that it supports most wifi cards.

Problem is since it is so new it is only available through a few sources.  =
Bittorent tells me that my est. d/l time is 15 days.  I don't even know if =
it is in English.

My 2 cents:
I think that for the masses live cds/dvds are the way to go and there are s=
ooooooo many distros out there it is unreal.

Linux gurus might be all into the shell, line commands and only one flavor =
of Linux but these people are not the norm.  People want pizzazz, color and=
 eyecandy.  People want what windows gave them throughout the years WITHOUT=
 the crashes, vulnerability, restrictions and monopoly cost.

I have been looking into Linux flavors for some time now.  It is very inter=
esting to see how it all has morphed.  The only thing that truly gets me do=
wn is the compatibility issues with hardware, especially with the video dri=
vers.  I have recently found out that NVIDIA sold it soul to the devil (Mic=
ro$oft) for then to solely have rights to pre bundled drivers. Maybe someon=
e can clarify this finding if deemed wrong.

I am a mechanic and although I can fix almost any type of car problem there=
 is,  that doesn't mean that I know computers and things associated with it.

Rock on Esteban.

Jimbo