[vox] Re: Laptop purchase recomendation

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 26 11:07:43 PDT 2006

Paul Telford replied to this (I guess on the RoseLUG list).
Forwarding here, since it was also Cc'd to vox:

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:40:17 -0700
From: "Paul Telford" <paul at droflet.net>
Subject: Re: [roselug] Laptop purchase recomendation
To: roselug at roselug.org, vox at lists.lugod.org

On 9/25/06, Joshua Morris <bullring at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am shopping for a new laptop and am looking for suggestions on laptops
>that work well with Linux.  I have been looking at HP's dv9000t

I don't know anything about this laptop specifically, but I always had
pretty good luck getting Linux to run on HP laptops.  Both an Omnibook
6k and an HP/Compaq NC6000.

Be aware that lightscribe isn't supported under Linux - at least last
I looked, that may have changed in the last few months I guess.

Paul.

----- End forwarded message -----