[vox] Software for Flyers

Marianne Waage yamara at plush.org
Tue Sep 5 08:11:32 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:03:37PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Admittedly, there's some graphics software she's seen for Mac & Windows
> that she'd really like to use, but since that means (1) spending lots of $$
> and (2) using my PC or the Mac my the uncomfortable 'office' bedroom in our
> apartment, she's not bothered.
>
> Personally, between GIMP and what I've seen of Xara, I no longer see the
> point of caring about proprietary apps.  (Although GIMP still pisses me
> off these days.)

Hrm. According to the online manual, GIMP *still* doesn't support CMYK.

But hey, if you enjoy having your color horribly mangled once you print,
go ahead. ;)  Do Scribus and Inkscape allow for CMYK?  It would be
completely bizarre for them not to.

-mran, continuing to use XP or OSX for graphics apps