[vox] Software for Flyers

Eric Engelhard eric at cvbig.org
Fri Sep 1 17:50:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 04:44:46PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> Actually, my wife had originally suggested that I preface her request
> with this:
>
>     Because my husband, Rod Roark, is a committed Linux user, I've
>     had little to no choice in what operating system I can use at
>     home.  (Rod would argue that I DO have a choice; and technically
>     that's correct, however, the fairly  consistently good support
>     he gives me is for his favorite: Linux.)
>
> So, you see, the trick is to be not very good at supporting Windows.
> This notion of "strategic incompetence" can be applied to other areas
> such as cooking and cleaning.  ;-)

I have set up four neighbors with Linux systems and three people
with NSLU2s running uNSLUng and slimserver. I used to try to keep their
Windows boxes problem free, but found that it was far more trouble than it was
worth and not at all enjoyable for me. Now I refuse to work on Windows at all.

I have have made far less progress with household chores.

Eric