[vox] Gaming

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Mon Nov 27 08:21:25 PST 2006

I have just put together my new dream machine but am not getting the benchm=
ark score that I should.

Here is a breakdown of my system:
evga geforce 8800gtx graphic card
intel core 2 dual 6700 2.6 processor
evga nforce 680i sli mainboard
corsair ddr2 800 2gb memory
850w power supply

I should be getting a number like 10500 but I am getting 8450.  Still ok bu=
t can be better.

I have updated my drivers and my bios but to no avail.  Talking to the gpu =
techs on saturday told me if I knew of someone that has an sli board then I=
 might try my card in their machine.  Alas, I only know of one friend that =
has a similar machine (almost identical) but he lives in san diego.

Any ideas?  Anybody that has a system that comes close to mine?  Anybody kn=
ow what the heck that I'm talking about?  I will talk to a tech guru on mon=
day and see if there is anything on my end using my own machine to diagnose=
 my problem.

Jimbo