[vox] cell phone contracts

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sat Nov 25 10:58:14 PST 2006

My cellphone contract with Verizon is up, and I'm looking around for new
cellphone deals.

I'm currently paying $40 (300 min, free calling at 9) for truly bare bones
basic service.  That's the cheapest plan, AFAIK, that Verizon has.  It
sucks.

Went to the Verizon store, and it appears that the very cheapest I can get
voice and data for is $80 (I really want to be able to access google and
wikipedia from my phone).

Just took a look at Sprint.  Their cheapest calling plan is $30 (200 min,
free calling at 7) and an astonishing $15 for "unlimited web and data".

By the looks of it, Verizon's pricing is just absolutely awful.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other cellphone carriers I might want
to look at that may be competitive with Sprint or of any contract deals
they've heard of that might be interesting.

I've never had web/data access on a cellphone before.  Is it possible to
upload some kind of ssh client onto a phone?

Thanks!
Peter

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p at dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p