[vox] Debian + KDE vs. Kubuntu

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue May 23 17:07:09 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 19:04 -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Tue 23 May 06,  3:57 PM, Micah J. Cowan <micah at cowan.name> said:
> > >
> > > Like Micah, I'm curious why you'd do  that.  Is it games, or work related
> > > stuff?  If it wasn't for work I would get rid of my Windows 98.
> >
> > For my part, I almost never have to use Windows for anything other than
> > games. I have far too many games that wouldn't run with wine, and that I
> > simply can't live without.
>
> Micah, JOOC, what games do you play that don't run on Wine?

If you like Wine, Ubuntu has Debian beat hands-down.  The reason is that
I build the Ubuntu Wine packages, and they're actually kept up to
date :)

http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

If you still insist on Debian, you might be able to get them to work.  I
don't do it myself, but quite a few users have reported success with the
Dapper packages on Sid.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie