[vox] Fwd: RE: [vox-announce] LUGOD Downtime Scheduled

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jun 2 22:37:28 PDT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Mandel -----

Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Alexander Mandel" <aimandel at ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE: [vox-announce] LUGOD Downtime Scheduled
To: Rod Roark <rod at sunsetsystems.com>, vox at lists.lugod.org

> This is to let everyone know that the LUGOD mailing lists and web
> site will experience a bit of downtime tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon
> as I attempt to upgrade the server from Ubuntu Hoary to the shiny new
> Dapper Drake.
>
> If you're curious, see http://www.ubuntu.com/ for info about the new
> release.
>
> Rod

Rod,

Just to make sure, I think there was a note in the Release Notes that if
you're jumping from Hoary without a fresh install that you might need to
remove the 2.6.10 kernel manually (package manager should work) before you
up to Dapper. Anyways I'm sure you'll catch it.

If you need any help let me know, I've done several Ubuntu upgrades from
warty-hoary-breezy.
Oh, are you going to go with the Server edition?

Alex

----- End forwarded message -----