[vox] [fwd] January [SacLUG] Meeting [Jan 12]

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jan 11 17:57:18 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 17:30 -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 05:16:29PM -0800, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > different rooms same building, I had proposed a joint meeting, however
> > that was rejected, and that night was the only time I could get (our
> > other venue was unacceptable as the restaurant started hiring live music
> > on the meeting nights).
>
> Oh!
>
> Seems silly for SacLUG to hold a no-topic meeting on the same day,
> at the same time, at the same place as SacAUG, comsidering the topic
> is Linux-related!
>
> Wacky!

Yeah but if it gets boring I did secure a different room so you guys
dont have to be there if you dont want to.

I got someone to donate some food (prolly donuts or some other snack
type thing).

I have prizes to show off for the contest, and anyone that wants to
participate in the contest would be urged to go so they have a voice in
categories, rules, etc so they can have a better chance of winning (I
have 7 different prizes of 3 different levels).  The goal of the contest
is to give out the prizes, however to get the prizes I had to have a
real contest that is asterisk-centric so there are some limits.

We are bringing a accesspoint and switch for people to connect to, I
might be able to bring a GPRS/EDGE card to get limited net
connectivity.

The install will be astlinux.org - I have some liveCDs and the free
vmware player along with the vmware images so everyone should be able to
install if they bring a laptop.  The free vmware player takes about 64MB
ram, so its not that intensive - although running asterisk in a vmware
system isnt advised, it does let everyone sample asterisk and walk them
through the configuration process, without trashing their existing
system.

I will have a voIP adapter and a phone as well so that we can configure
and test out something and actually make calls to each other :)

Hmm...  what else.  I think that is it, or at least enough :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378