[vox] The Ease of Linux

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sun Dec 31 07:26:49 PST 2006

On Sat 30 Dec 06, 10:37 PM, Bob Scofield <scofield at omsoft.com> said:

> > (And don't even get me started on the joys of Amarok vs... well, whatever
> > piece of spyware-laden crap even comes close to matching it in 'Doze.)
>
> Since you wrote this, I've been reading about Amarok.  When I first starting
> using Linux Amarok was very buggy, and so I began using XMMS.  But according
> to this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_media_players
>
> Amarok appears to have gone far beyond XMMS.  So I'll download Amarok
> tomorrow.
>
> There are some radio stations that I like that play .pls files, however, and I
> don't know if Amarok can do that.
>
> Bob

Thanks for suggesting this.  I was a little dubious when a media player
mentioned mysql, but I have to say ... wow!   This is great!

Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p at dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p