[vox] [fwd] Call for Help: Katrina Public Web Stations Project

Richard Burkhart richard at khanfusion.net
Sat Sep 3 13:56:05 PDT 2005

Bill Kendrick wrote:

>In case you haven't seen this on DesktopLinux.com or Slashdot.org,
>Steve Hargadon (who recently spoke about K12LTSP thin clients at SVLUG)
>is putting together a project to get public internet kiosks setup for
>victims of Katrina.
>
>Please feel free to pass this along to LUGs or other ORGs that you think
>can help with this project.  The ISO is out, to feel free to seed it
>on BitTorrent, too!
>
>Thanks!
>
>-bill!

Has anyone seeded the public webstation ISO yet?

I'm still new to BT ... and haven't quite figured out why bittorrent
file maker is frozen in one spot while trying to make the .torrent
file.  (Never mind wondering if I've made it correctly or not.)  If
someone's already started the process -- I'll call laziness and just
join in with that herd.

Because what's a Saturday for if not for procrastinating ...