[vox] [fwd] 1,000 Used Computers Needed for Hurricane Relief; Other Tech Relief Projects

"DrBen" Timmons drben54 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 1 09:49:17 PDT 2005

Hi Folks:

My next step is to try to contact Nancy Jo in Baton Rouge and get her
final wants and instructions.  It is no doubt we can pull something off
but I want to make sure what we send there is used and not dumped -- a
lesson I learned 10 years ago.

It may take the weekend but I will definitely get back to you all as
soon as I hear.

BEN

bullring at gmail.com wrote:

> I would love to help too.  Let me know where and when and I can
> arrange time around work & school.
>
> Joshua
>

> Jeffrey J. Nonken wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:10:36 -0700, DrBen Timmons wrote:
>>

>>>Dear Lugod folks:
>>>
>>>I've spoken to UCD's Material Management top people and they are
>>>interested in donating equipment if LUGOD could help load the
>>>systems. We estimate that we could do 50 systems complete maybe
>>>more without monitors.  Loading a good LINUX package dumbed down to
>>>resemble Windows eliminates nasty licensing issues.
>>>
>>>Please let me know if anyone from LUGOD is interested in working on
>>>the "Mother of all Install-Fests"?
>>>
>>>If we get interest, We can place another call to Baton Rouge and
>>>see exact needs.
>>>

>>I could probably help, once you have an install procedure. Consider me
>>a trained monkey in that respect.
>>
>>Ook. Ook.

Ben TImmons
Technical and Organizational Consulting