[vox] Re: A Criticism of Debian Testing

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 09:08:15 PST 2005

Bob

> Digikam, and I believe K3b also, are available for both the stable
> and unstable versions, but not testing.  I assume that these
> programs will move from unstable to testing, but it is irritating
> to say the least to see these programs simply disappear from one's
> computer.

Funny you should say that :)  I'm sat here looking at the same
problem.  Doesn't help a lot.  I've got a non-working Samsung ML-1510
laser printer since my upgrade to the latest version of testing last
week. Cupsus 1.1.23-12 bombs out on installation...

Setting up cupsys (1.1.23-12) ...
Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdcupsd: Child exited with
status 98!
invoke-rc.d: initscript cupsys, action "start" failed.

Just submitted a bug report for this.  I do have a really nice KDE
3.4.2 desktop but what us is it without K3B and Digikam ?  Might
consider going back to SuSE for a desktop :)   Also...

# apt-get install aptitude
or been moved out of Incoming.
Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that
that package should be filed.
  aptitude: Depends: libsigc++-1.2-5c2 but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

I'll get onto this one next :)

--