[vox] Let's have a key signing party this Monday!

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Nov 20 18:58:53 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 19:46 -0600, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > Hey folks, I need some trustworthy folk to sign my GPG key so I can work
> > my way into the Debian and Ubuntu webs of trust in order to properly
> > upload packages.
> >
> To be in the Debian web of trust, you need to have a Debian developer
> sign your key. (I would imagine this should also suffice for the ubuntu
> web of trust since they use debian packages).

As I understood it, we had a Debian developer or two attending meetings,
or at least someone in their web of trust.

> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step2 describes the process
>
> https://nm.debian.org/gpg_offer.php Lists Debian developers who sign
> keys, by locality.
>
> I met a few developers, including Branden Robinson, Joshua Kwan, and Don
> Armstrong at LinuxWorld a few years ago and got my key signed then.
>
> Don't try to become a Debian Developer yet. Instead, file an ITP[0] bug
> against WNPP[1], indicating that you plan to package your software,
> indicate in the ITP that you're not a DD[2] and you'll need a sponsor,
> and also head over to debain-mentors at lists.debian.org and post an RFS[3]
> there.

Believe me, I'm way ahead of you. These are mine:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

The only thing blocking my Wine packages from getting into universe
(rather than uploaded through someone else) is my key getting signed.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie