[vox] Computers for Hurricane Katrina update 11/15/05

DrBen Timmons drben54 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 11:50:51 PST 2005

Hi Folks:

We still have this project on track but it's hit an operational
roadblock.  The donor of the computers cannot release them to UCD
Materials Management for us work on until we have transportation off
UCD's campus guaranteed.  We are about 2 weeks short of approval/denial
from the Air Force on a local Air Guard unit's offer to take them down.
Therefore I am also looking at backup transportation to include these
first computers and a load of furniture UCD is also donating to agencies
in the area.

If anyone on this list has a contact in the Red Cross, or any other
relief agency running loads to the Gulf Coast, please let me know and I
will contact them.

Thanks,

BEN

--
Ben Timmons
Technology and Organizational Consulting
drben54 at earthlink.net
(530) 297-1778 (Home and FAX)
(916) 599-3838 (Cell/Pager/Voicemail)