[vox] [fwd] Computers for Hurricane Katrina update

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Nov 5 22:55:52 PST 2005

----- Forwarded message from dmezee <djdavemezee at earthlink.net> -----

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:25:08 -0500
From: dmezee <djdavemezee at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [PenLUG] [fwd] Computers for Hurricane Katrina update
To: Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net>
Cc: penlug-members at penlug.org

I know I'm a little late responding but....

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org
very small complete live-cd distribution (50mb) with extremely minimal hardware requirements. I've been using this for a couple years. It works on every old, dusty, out of date computer that is able to boot from CD that I have tried. Even as minimal as P1 (99mhz) 64mb RAM. Firefox is included in the base iso (although runs pretty slow on a 99mhz).

http://kioskcd.com/
Although I have not tried, it's what its name implies. An internet kiosk (Firefox I believe).

Hope I'm not too late :)

Dave