[vox] Basic security issues

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed May 11 13:55:32 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 13:45, Rod Roark wrote:
> Why don't you ask the guy to articulate what his concerns
> are.  If he won't write them down, then take notes yourself
> while you talk with him.  Then make sure you address them
> fully and provide a clear written response in words that he
> will understand.

I'm actually less cantankerous now.  I decided that before I got mad, I would
double-check what he'd actually said about my skill level.  It turns out that
my original source had misheard him.  I'm glad I checked; I've learned that
while being proactive is generally good, it's not good to be proactive about
making issues out of situations that you've misunderstood.

Still I think that there will be a conversation between me, my boss, and the
IT guy about security issues in our mixed platform network.  It's probably
appropriate that we have such a conversation anyway.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com