[vox] Maybe I will try Kubuntu and ignore Ubuntu

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sun May 8 17:21:08 PDT 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 04:28 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Someone has done a brief list of "48 problems encountered with
> Ubuntu" (and most of it turns out to be issues with Gnome and
> Nautilus) in their first 48 hours of using it:
>
>   http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2005/04/11/ubuntu

Ending with:

  69. It’s brown.

Somehow I'm just not very concerned with the usability angle
after spending my last 10 waking hours trying to get an
ordinary and allegedly-fully-supported (by Sane) scanner
working.  And before that another couple of days getting a
printer working with very poorly documented and unsupported
vendor-supplied drivers.

I'm batting .500.  The printer works now.

Anyway, I've had better luck with Ubuntu than Kubuntu in the
insurmountable problem department.  You can still install
KDE stuff -- I installed both Kate and KMail which are
relatively happy on the Gnome desktop.

-- Rod