[vox] TIVO

Ryan cjg5ehir02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:54:13 PST 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 12:30 am, brimjohn-at-sbcglobal.net |lugod| wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm in the process of hacking my DirecTIVO Series 2 to add more storage and
> ultimately network it to my computer so I can archive video.  Looking for
> others with the same interest.  Anyone here into this?

I've got a SA Series 1, which is FAR more hackable then the S2 DirecTiVos.

However, adding video is easy (there are links on my slides about this).
Extraction is hard. Last time I looked into it, you have to do some mucking
about to make it not encrypt video, and you have to jump through hoops to
make it take a modified filesystem. I've not been following this stuff for
about a year, so there may be some new hacks out. Check out
the TiVo fourms on dealdatabase. http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/

The tivocommunity.com fourms are also nice, just don't mention archiving
video there.

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/