[vox] vim no-brainer

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 14 09:56:05 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:07:04PM -0800, Bryan Richter wrote:
> I know a lot of people rebind the Capslock key as Control,
<snip>

I still need to try that, although I'm not sure... is there a way to do it
in Windows?

Personally, I type kind of funny, and my thumb gets bent pretty far back
when I hit Ctrl (or even Left-Shift).  Back when my Atari 1200XL was my
main computer, Ctrl was where Caps is on most PC keyboards (under Tab),
and I'd hit it with my middle and ring fingers, IIRC.

I personally know /one/ person who actually needs Caps Lock: Daphne Pareas.
Apparently lots of server names (or variables in code... or both) are
written ALL UPPERCASE, and are case-sensitive.

Beyond that... let's take a vote... who here actually /uses/ Caps Lock
at least once a day, every day? :^)

-bill!
(who ripped the 'Left page' and 'Right page' keys off his work keyboard,
because he kept hitting them whenever he went for the 'Up' key... This is
some wacked-out IBM keyboard.)