[vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 13 19:18:33 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 09:03:38AM -0800, Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
> Honda Civic Hybrid Sedan is looking very tempting and
> the lowest online price ive found so far is 11k so if
> anyone is looking to sell one Im interested...

FYI, using the cheapest gas, in the long haul, I get ~42 MPG with my
2003 Civic Hybrid.

That's the average it's registering from the past ~1500-2000 miles of
driving (which includes 30-60 mins of commute time to/from work each
day; sometimes on 101, sometimes on residential), as well as the 100
mile trip out to Davis or Santa Rosa each weekend that we seem to do.

> Keep suggestions coming. I drive about 200miles per
> day so... Anything helps

So with the Civic, that'd be 5 gallons of gas per day, let's say.
Filling it up every other day for about $20-25, that'd end up costing
about $65 per week.  How does that compare to what you're doing w/ the van? :)