[vox] [OT] SPDIF (Digital Audio) cable dimensions, price?

lugod at jbbrown9.mailshell.com lugod at jbbrown9.mailshell.com
Sun Mar 6 13:41:52 PST 2005

An alternative would be flat flex cable. I checked digikey, and you can
get 40 sets of 2 conductor 2" wire for $20. I think you could find a way
to put the ends in sockets, but I haven't tried so you'd have to make
sure.

If you go with headers, you can get double row headers that are scored
and break them off to make pairs. I think you can get those at HSC and
they'd end up costing a couple bucks for as much as you'd need. If you
can't find them, let me know and I could probably send you some.

HSC would probably sell the parts to make spdif cables, but that would
mean soldering on 160 connectors. Yuck. Maybe they'll have a pile of
them in a bin for $0.25 each.