[fwd] Re: [vox] Re: Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Thu Jun 30 23:14:58 PDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> *cough* Sonic.net. *cough*  Aren't they up in your parts? :)

I've been considering Sonic.net for DSL when I move. I take it you'd
recommend them then? I like their user agreement and availability of
static IPs and domain hosting. I'm currently at Greystone and took full
advantage of the old free DNS/email support for a domain name and web
server space. Seems they're going to charge future residents for that now
though, but doesn't matter much as I'm finishing up my dissertation
(hopefully) and moving at the end of the lease term. Sonic and Speakeasy
are the only two broadband companies that seem to offer home users an
agreement that specifically allows servers from what I've found during
preliminary searches. Only fun part is finding out prior to moving which
complex of the half dozen I'm considering is best suited for DSL since I
obviously haven't chosen one and don't have a phone number to enter into
their sites.

Melissa