[vox] Earthlink "test" messages to 'postmaster'

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jun 28 16:53:35 PDT 2005

I've been getting numerous emails to 'postmaster at lists.lugod.org'
with a variety of subjects/bodies along the lines of:
"test", "test, please ignore", "DNS test", etc.

The first two I got were from the same person.  When I replied to ask
what was up, I got a vacation response from them.  In their .sig it
mentioned they are part of Earthlink System Administration.

Later today, I received about 6 or 12 in a row from the same address,
which I reported (en masse) to 'abuse at earthlink'...  But now I've just
gotten one more.

What the heck is up!?  Has anyone else been seeing this?  Thanks,

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th