[vox] "Open Options" - Making Decisions About Open Source Software for K-12

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jun 3 23:53:14 PDT 2005

I'm not sure I've seen this site before, but it looks great.  It's chock full
of easy-to-navigate information about Open Source use in schools:

  Open Options: Making Decisions about OSS for K-12
  http://www.netc.org/openoptions/

It's broken up into Background ("what is OSS?"), Pros and Cons,
K-12 Examples (how educators are using it in the real world),
Decisions and a set of Appendices.

I love the quote from Microsoft's anti-trust(?) trial at the bottom of
their front page, too :^)

  "It's almost as though the village blacksmiths of the world can now
  build axles in their backyards, assemble them together and compete
  with General Motors." - Paul Maritz, Microsoft

Enjoy!