[vox] Buying MP3s online

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 1 08:18:08 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:23:05PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Anyone know ways to buy music online if you're using Linux?
>
> I've come across 2 possibilities.
>
> The first is pymusique which can access the iTunes store from Linux,
> but I haven't gotten it to work yet. When I try to register, I get an
> error message telling me to try again later.

I suppose I should ask this: has anyone gotten pymusique to work?

Apple blocked it in March, and then the authors fixed pymusique to
work again (I see blog entries dating to March 22 indicating that it
was fixed). Has Apple blocked it again since March 22?

Or is the signup simply broken, implying that I'll be able to use
pymusique if I sign up first with the official client?

--Ken Bloom