[vox] Survey: What do YOU use Linux for?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Jul 8 13:18:08 PDT 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 12:30, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2005 12:15 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 12:42:56AM -0700, Michael Wenk wrote:
> > > It makes a great paperweight.
> >
> > Indeed it does!  The OS is free, so you don't feel bad using it as
> > a paperweight or to hold a door open ;)
> >
> > Another benefit of Linux over Windows!
>
> Yeah, but I wouldn't trust Windows to hold the door open anyway.

Seems to me that Windows is *excellent* at leaving doors open.  It's getting
Windows to close those doors properly that's the issue:  "No, no problem at
all!  Come on in, and the master's credit card information and social
security number and bank statements are all on his desk, and here's the
combination for the safe..."

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com