[vox] Survey: What do YOU use Linux for?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 6 15:00:36 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 02:04:10PM -0700, Norm Matloff wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:14:00PM -0400, David Hummel wrote:
>
> > You can add Prosper to the list as one example of a Powerpoint
> > replacement for creating presentations.
>
> If Bill is going to compile this list, he should probably mention the
> "why" part.

Different list, I think. :^)  My list is simply "what do people _do_ with
Linux, in day-to-day life?" so when I'm asked that very question during a
demo (or heck, normal conversations with non-Linux-user), I can give them
a richer and more real-world list than just a list of my own uses.

Heck, I might be able to compile a little list for handouts or slides
for demos and other similar events that LUGOD goes to. :^)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th