[vox] fwd: SacLUG meeting on Feb. 10th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jan 26 23:39:26 PST 2005

FYI...

----- Forwarded message from Gary McGlinn <gmcg at att.net> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:30:44 -0800
From: Gary McGlinn <gmcg at att.net>
Subject: [Lug-nuts] Meeting:Only change doesn't change
To: General SacLUG discussion <lug-nuts at saclug.org>

Hi,

I'd like to have a regular Saclug meeting on 2/10 at the regular place
and time.  I am in the process of setting that up.  But, I don't have
much by way of topic.

Since the winds of chance have blown Brian to the Bay Area, he has had
to relinquish his responsibilities for Saclug (I shouldn't read a post
from Linus before I write these things ;-)).  I'd like to thank Brian
for everything he has done for the group and I hope he will show up now
and then.

But, there is stuff to do.  The web site and list server are in the
process of being moved.  Hopefully, they will be moved in the next week
or so.  Things will be tested before the move, but if anything goes bad,
please send me an email.

I would like to spend some time at the next meeting talking about
changing the web site after the move.  I'm pretty open.  I am thinking
that wiki-izing things might be a good direction.  And there will
probably be a few details to work out with respect to the move.

But that's not really enough for a decent meeting.  Based on the recent
threads on the list, I'll suggest that it might be a good topic if
someone wanted to bring a mini-Mac and give a tour.  Maybe compare and
contrast to Linux or X86 hardware.  Discusss what points you think are
the best points.  That is just a suggestion to get the ball rolling, but
I'd be interested.

You can contact me directly or post to the list.

-Gary

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com          April shower bring Kompressor power!