Ubuntu (was Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Reminder: LUGOD meeting tomorrow!)

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 10:56:36 PST 2005

I tried out Ubuntu on an older system over the weekend, and I was rather
disappointed.  The install seemed to go OK, but after rebooting it never
got past Grub.  I tried booting the live CD to see if I could fix grub
manually, and that failed with a kernel panic IIRC.  In the end I
installed Fedora instead.

Yet another Debian based distribution has failed to impress me.

Jonathan