[vox] Replacement Laptop

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Wed Feb 9 11:57:31 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Unfortunately, it looks like I may be limited in my options.  The insurance
> company will replace the laptop; the way it works is that I give them the
> specs of the old laptop, and they find me the same model, or something
> comparable.

Wow, I'm actually suprised they will replace it at all, unless you'd
specifically extended your policy to cover it or have a business policy.
When my father's toolkit was stolen from his car, his insurance company
only give him $200 for it and that was no where near what it was worth (he
works in telco, so it was packed with testers, line cutters, etc). But he
only had a standard home owners policy not realizing that it only covered
$200 of things stolen off the home's property unless one added a rider
specifically for items in the car or work related items.