[OT, slight tangent] Re: [vox] Stolen laptop

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Sun Feb 6 20:48:50 PST 2005

Bill Kendrick wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:52:24PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>

>>During church, our car was broken into, and they stole my laptop bag, complete
>>with laptop computer (I had taken it to church because I was using it for a
>>Sunday school class I was teaching).  So, if any of you happen to receive an
>>illicit Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670, it might just be mine.
>>

>WOW.
>At Church no less.  MAN that sucks!

Some people target churches specifically, from what I've heard. Still,
seems to be fairly rare.

I had a friend whose purse was stolen from our church in Sacramento.
Another person at the same church caught the thief trying to write
checks from that purse at his grocery store checkstand! What are the odds?