[vox] City of LA ponders going open source?!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 4 16:15:43 PST 2005

Michael posted from an address that's not subscribed to vox...

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:09:45 +0000
From: Michael Long <df92a5 at mikesoffice.org>
Subject: Re: [vox] City of LA ponders going open source?!

No offense but aren't these the same people who passed a law requiring
that any companies doing business with the city disclose profits they
may have made from slavery in the 19th Century, and requested computer
manufactures to stop using the terms "master"/"slave" on their computer
equipment. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/index.html

While I agree using opensource software is "a good idea" i have a
feeling these people are more buzzword idiots and have no idea what they
are talking about.

Mike