[vox] Re: Laptop recommendations -- my final decision

Don Werve donw at agentsix.net
Sun Aug 28 12:08:26 PDT 2005

Ken Bloom wrote:
> powernowd - good tip. thanks.
>
> do I need to worry about this thing overheating? it seems that the
> trackpad gets really hot.

I haven't had any problems, but if you run into issues with the
XFree/X.org Synaptics driver, just treat the trackpad like a normal PS/2
mouse -- you lose scrolling and a lot of other bits of the tunability,
but on the flip side, your tap-to-click isn't forced to be a
middle-click (rather irritating, and yes, this happened no matter what I
told the driver about the button configuration).

--
Don Werve (Unix Sys Admin) | Email: donw AT agentsix DOT net

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.  Action
has magic, grace and power in it." -- Goethe