[vox] Linux Driver Article on O-Reilly

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Sep 23 15:06:08 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:30:51PM -0800, Edward Elliott wrote:
> Posting a link to an article on O'Reilly about work to improve the support
> of hardware drivers on the Linux desktop.
>
> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/09/02/driver_ease.html
>
> Improving Linux Driver Installation  by Jono Bacon

Great read, thanks Edward!

I see GNOME (2.8) mentioned, but no word of KDE.  Anyone happen to know
if Project Utopia is working with the KDE folks?  (Honestly, KDE seems MUCH
more integrated with the underlying OS than GNOME has...  able to tweak
system settings and things like X-Window resolution, without resorting to
vendor add-on applications or dropping to a console.)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!