[vox] Make a name for yourself

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Tue Sep 21 20:20:34 PDT 2004

Rod Roark wrote:

>The news headline next to it is "Microsoft server nearly
>causes 800-plane pile-up".

Speaking of Microsoft, I saw in the Bee recently that it is going to
share some of its code for its Office suite.  It will start out by
sharing it with the British government.  The article said that it has
done this with Windows, but it's the first time it has done it with
Office.  The article said the move was a response to pressure from
Linux.  The article also mentioned two governments that recently chose
Windows over open source OS's.  One government was a British city, and I
can't remember the other.

Bob