[vox] [OT] Cost of living in davis

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sun Sep 12 21:30:56 PDT 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 08:34 pm, Hans W. Uhlig wrote:
> Well the time has come that ive got to think about
> moving out on my own before I kill my parents, or bury
> myself in my own room with the stuff I collect. so Im
> curious as to what people seem to think is a resnable
> cost of living. so far my numbers seem to make me
> thing that $13-16 per hour is minimum to live. which
> makes me ill as I am still sub 10$. If anyone is
> willing to give me opinions on how much life is I
> would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance. Hans.

Davis is expensive.  I remember that in 2001 we paid around
$1400 monthly for a 1200 square foot rental home. I imagine
they're around $2000 now, but that's just a guess.

I think you're going to need a roommate.  Also you should
work on getting a higher paying job.  Or else marry a rich
girl.  ;-)

Good luck!

-- Rod