[vox] OT: where to buy a used monitor?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Sep 12 13:53:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 10:29:38AM -0700, Carl McCabe wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm new to Davis and I'm yet without a monitor for my FreeBSD
> machine.

Welcome to the area!  Glad you found us ;^)

<snip>
>   Can anyone on this list give me suggestions about where to look for
> a used monitor (or computer parts in general)?

The Bargain Barn at UCD has already been mentioned.  You might also
consider HSC Electronic Supply (aka "Halted Specialties Co.")

There are three locations: Santa Clara (the first), Rohnert Park (the one
I'm familiar with), and Sacramento.  The Sacramento one is probably 1/2hr
to 45min away from Davis, depending on traffic and where in Davis you are.

  HSC Electronic Supply
  4837 Amber Lane
  Sacramrnto, CA 95841

See:  http://www.halted.com/

There may be other places similar to that in the area, that I've just never
heard of (or forgot about).  I always liked HSC because the one in Rohnert Park
would occasionally have Atari 8-bit (and Commodore 64 and Apple II) stuff
for sale. ;)

<snip>
> P.S. If I'm writing to the wrong list for this type of question,
> please let me know (and, if so, I appologize in advance).

Nope!  As you can see, it's an acceptable post to this list. ;)
(Having "OT" in the subject wasn't a bad idea, though.)

Again, welcome to LUGOD, to Davis, and to California in general!

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.