[vox] OT: where to buy a used monitor?

Marianne Waage yamara at plush.org
Sun Sep 12 10:37:56 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 10:29:38AM -0700, Carl McCabe wrote:
>   Can anyone on this list give me suggestions about where to look for
> a used monitor (or computer parts in general)?  I don't know much
> about Davis or the surrounding areas so I'm not sure where the local
> dealhunters will be looking.  Does the University have any sort of
> inventory auction?  Any advice I could get would be great help--I'm
> stuck on my wife's XP laptop at the moment and I'm more than happy to
> let her have it back.

For a used monitor, sometimes people post free equipment to this list.
Also, there used to be a newsgroup, ucd.swap, that would have local
general junk for sale (not sure if it's still in use). The Bargain
Barn on campus:
	http://ucdmm.ucdavis.edu/BargainBarn/bargain_barn.html

has used equipment that departments are trying to get rid of. Some
times they don't overprice it :)

For general computery bits, there's Fry's Electronics in Sacramento
and HSC (HSC sells all kinds of random computer bits from used parts
to electronic components, arcade joystick replacements, etc).

HTH,
-yams