[vox] [Fwd] Warning CPR provisions for OpenSource under attack

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Sep 10 00:13:05 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:17:10PM -0700, Tim Riley wrote:

> Everyone should also wear a common button (or other identification),
> so the panel can see that there are more supporters than just those
> speaking. Is there anything in the swag? Does anyone have
> design ideas? Meanwhile, I'll look for a company that prints
> up campaign stuff.

Other than Mark (who sounds like he'll be at UC Davis on the 27th... for the
CPR hearing???), who is planning on attending?

Based on Mark's recent post, it sounds like formal attire is the best idea.
Perhaps little penguin pins (like the American flags that all politicians
seem to wear these days).  I have (had?) one, and I know LUGOD's given
numerous variations away at certain times (as companies give them to us
for give-aways).  I don't believe we have any quantity of them lying around
right now, though. :^/

Perhaps stuff from these guys?

  http://www.scotgold.com/acatalog/ScotGold_Catalogue_Linux_Tux_Stuff_2.html

(Disclaimer: I only heard of these guys through a Google Adsense ad running
on my Tux Paint website.  Once I convinced Google to stop advertising
tuxedo rentals (grr!), these guys started popping up pretty consistently.)

Their penguin-shaped Tux lapel pins seem to be $1.50 each.
They have round Tux lapel pins for $2.00.

Anyway... just rambling now, sorry... I should get to bed. ;)