[vox] DSL providers?

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Wed Sep 8 14:15:45 PDT 2004

My roommate asked me:

> Do you know any promotions going on, or anyone who has gotten Comcast
> or Omsoft for a good deal recently?

I figured that vox is a good place to pass along this question :-). I have
heard almost entirely good reports about Omsoft and mostly good reports
about Calnet, but mixed to bad reports about other providers. The current
DSL (SBC) is quite terrible --- ssh sessions hang every few minutes, making
the DSL almost unusable for work. A dynamic IP address is okay since I do
not indend to run any servers.

I would appreciate any suggestions about DSL providers, especially RECENT
experiences.

--
Henry House