[vox] Article: "Microsoft acknowledges Linux threat"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 7 00:52:31 PDT 2004

Microsoft acknowledges Linux threat
http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/business/technology/Tech7.asp

  Microsoft says 2005 could be a difficult year, as Linux continues to
  pinch customers from the software giant.

  In a report filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission,
  the company says it recognises the threat posed by its open source
  competitor.

  "To the extent open source software products gain increasing market
  acceptance, sales of our products may decline, which could result in a
  reduction in our revenue and operating margins."

;)